Istanbul hosted three different empires and hosted many holy churches. Visiting these churches alone will cause you to miss many interesting information and stories from history. On the Best Churches of Istanbul Tour, a professional and licensed guide will accompany you, and you will discover the most important and historically valuable churches of Istanbul with their stories.
It is entirely up to you to customize your tour. Before starting your tour, you will talk to your guide about the 3 or 4 churches you will visit and your guide will determine your route. On your tour, you will not only visit the churches, but also discover the history and life of the streets, and other historical places you are on and pass through with your guide. Church entrance fees and transportation fees within the tour will be covered by taxi or public transportation. The list of churches to visit is as follows.
– Hagia Irene (the oldest Byzantine Church in Istanbul)
– Fener Greek Patriarchate and Aya Yorgi Patriarchate Church (There are very valuable historical items inside)
– Bulgarian St. Stephen Church (The Only Iron Church in the World)
– Church of St. Anthony of Padua
– Hagia Triada Greek Orthodox Church
– Saint Gregory the Illuminator Church of Galata
- Church entrance fees and transportation fees within the Tour will be covered by taxi or public transportation.
- Personal spendings and hotel pickup
One thought on “The Best Churches Of Istanbul”
Definitely see the Aya Yorgi Patriarchate Church. The historical items inside were very interesting. Traveling with a private guide is more efficient.